Saturday 1 December 2012

Doctor Who - Sutekh Shall Be Free!

First up we have Sutekh from"The Pyramids of Mars"

"Your evil is my good. I am the Sutekh the Destroyer. Where I tread I leave nothing but dust and darkness. I find that good."
Sutekh, also known as Sutekth the Destroyer, was an evil Osirian who planned to destroy all life in the universe. He feared all forms of life which might one day challenge his hegemony, and so became the destroyer of all living things.

"You pit your puny will against mine? Kneel!" 
In a Victorian Gothic mansion, strange things are afoot. The master of the house, away in Egypt, has been replaced by a sinister Egyptian. Cloth-wrapped Mummies roam the grounds, killing people. Beneath a pyramid, the last of the Osirians - Sutekh the Destroyer - waits to be freed, to at long last bring his 'gift of death' to all who live.

Sutekh and some of his servant robot 'Mummies'.
These are some of my first painted Doctor Who miniatures. I am hoping to try out the Pyramids of Mars scenario at some point but I still need to paint up the 'Minion of Sutekh' and at least another couple of robot Mummies. The Doctor and a small choice of Companions are currently in progress!

'Marcus Scarman' aka The Minion of Sutekh and robot Mummies observe the corpse of Namin. Gutted.

I have to source some suitable figures for Marcus and Laurence Scarman, Dr Warlock, Collins the Butler, Ernie Clements and the evil Namin, plus a handful of extras for the last part of the scenario set in Egypt.

The Cast

The Doctor and Companion
Sutekh
Marcus Scarman
Laurence Scarman
Dr Warlock
Collins
Ernie Clements
Namin

All figures are Black Tree / Harlequin.

2 comments:

Thantsants said...

Brilliant - I need to game more Dr Who.

Pyramids of Mars is a great story too!

Artizan Designs might have a few good options in their Thrilling Tales range - http://www.artizandesigns.com/list.php?man=12&cat=121&page=1

Orlygg said...

"I bring Suhtek's gift of death to all humanity!"

One of the best ever Dr Whos in its 50 year history. I had a great deal of those Harlequin figures in the 90s, great sculpts too. Keep up the good work.