Wednesday 7 November 2012

Citadel Newsletters 87.

This next selection moves deep into the realms of slotta-based miniatures...

First up is one of the big 'fold out' style of the new releases for Spring 1987. On this one we have a load of Orcs, some rare Paranoia figures, a chariot, a balrog, some Blood Bowl (all the rage again?) and my favourite bit, the Regiments of Renown. I managed to get hold of a load of these, including a few boxes of Bugman's Rangers ("Mhinz Abier - Z'yor Rond"), the Knights of Origo, Harboth and his Black Mountain Boys, the original Menghil Manhide's Dark Elves and the High Elf Cavalry. My mate had a load of the Lizardmen, Mad Mullah Akland's 'Death Commandos, Grom's Goblin Guard, Oreon's Wood Elves and the Lothern Elf City Guard. He also seemed to have countless Chaos Monks, known then as the Dark Disciples of the Red Redemtion. Unfortunately he sold all of these off - wish I had made an offer now...





The next selection is tagged 'July 1987'. This has some great minis on it starting with Dwarf Villagers, another set I wish I had bought. We also get some Gothic Horror figures, some Elric troops, Snotlings, Feudals / Men at Arms, Skeletons, Chaos Dwarves (I hate this concept...) some Skaven, Zoat, Goblins and Chariots. I wouldn't mind some of those Perps for Robs Dredd game.





Last up for this batch is the Summer 1987 Newsletter. Up for grabs here are more fighters, some great Norse Dwarfs, Barbarians, Skeletons, some cannons and bolt throwers, a load of villagers (always useful), Rogue Trooper minis, Goblins and an 'Adventurers Cart' (I gather Otherworld Miniatures will be releasing one at some point). Of most interest to me (at least for the moment anyway - see below) are the set of plastic Daleks and Cybermen. I would love to have got these! £4.95 for the lot too. Probably would cost that for one now...





As for the Daleks and Cybermen, my next project / obsession is the Doctor Who Miniatures Game, so 20 each of them would be fab! I am gradually picking up some Black Tree Design figures for this, usually when they are reduced. I am slowly putting together a nice force for this, when I have some painted I will post some pics.

Well, that's it for this lot. I found a few more of these the other day but have yet to scan them. Hope they are of interest!

2 comments:

private w. said...

Yes! They are of GREAT interest! Thanks again, Wardy-la!

Dreamfish said...

Great stuff, thanks for the post...